The purpose of this document is to inform you about the way in which your personal data will be processed when you use the services of Captain Data and its website https://www.captaindata.co.
Captain Data offers automation services for professionals, through its website. It allows its users to extract data from third-party services, create databases and automate workflows on these third-party services.
Captain Data, a French joint stock company having its head office in the 41-43 Quai de Malakoff at Nantes 44000 and being registered at the trade Register of Nantes under n°838 098 598, is controller when you use its services and website.
1. WHO IS CONCERNED?
Anyone who browses our website, creates an account, uses our service, subscribes to a webinar or asks for a free demo (including employees of our clients) is concerned by the collection and processing of their information.
2. WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data is only gathered when Captain Data has a legal basis for doing so.
The table below summarizes the purpose of TYOthe processing, the categories of personal data, the legal basis and the corresponding retention period.
We indicate to you at the time of their collection the data which are mandatory to be able to profit from our services. The others are optional.
In any event, we undertake to delete your Personal Data from our databases at the end of these various periods, subject to the retention of certain information for a period after the closure of your personal account to meet our legal, accounting and tax obligations.
3. IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSMITTED TO OTHERS?
3.1. Captain Data employees
Authorize Captain Data employees have access to your information to ensure the correct operation of the website, to provide you the services, to respond to your requests and to manage the commercial relationship with you.
3.2 Third-Party Services
When you use the services to interact with a third-party website, application or other software component, that third party may collect personal data about you. Captain Data is not responsible for this data collection and invites you to review the privacy policies of these third parties.
3.3 Other providers
Our service providers also have access to your personal data in the course of their work.
These service providers include hosting and maintenance providers, IT developers and newsletter managers and payment services providers.
3.4 Legal requirements
Your personal data may be communicated to third parties when such communication is required by law, regulation, or judicial decision, or if such communication is necessary in the event of litigation.
4. IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION?
Your information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area, in particular because of the use of services providers.
In this case, these transfers are carried out with appropriate guarantees to ensure a sufficient level of protection of privacy and fundamental rights, including the signing of standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission. A document listing the data transfers and guarantees implemented by Captain Data will be sent to you if you request it by e-mail to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
For any exercise of the below-mentioned rights, you can contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
We commit ourselves to answer you as soon as possible and to give you information about the progress of the study of your request.
You have the following rights:
- Right of access at your Personal Data, including the right to obtain form the Data Controller some information such as the purposes of the Processing, the categories of Personal data concerned (article 15 GDPR);
- Right to rectification: You can ask us at any time to rectify any Personal Data concerning you that are inaccurate or incomplete (article 16 GDPR);
- Right to erasure/right to be forgotten: You can request the deletion of your Personal Data when it’s no longer needed, you have withdrawn your consent or you object to the Processing (article 17 GDPR);
- Right to restriction of Processing: You can obtain the restriction of Processing except in case of compelling reasons (article 18 GDPR);
- Right to data portability: in case of Personal Data whose Processing is based on automated Processing, consent, or contract, it’s possible to request the disclosure of such Personal Data (article 20 GDPR);
- Right to object: You can object to the Processing of your Personal Data if the Processing is based on our legitimate interest (article 21 GDPR);
- Right to determine what happens to your Personal Data after your death: or choose a trusted third-party to whom the Company can entrust your Personal Data (article 40-1 de la loi 78-17 du 6 janvier 1978);
- Right to withdraw your consent: at any time without affecting the lawfulness of Processing based on consent before its withdrawal (art 13 2c GDPR).
If You aren’t satisfied with the result of the exercise of one of your rights, you can introduce a complaint to the Data Protection Authority, in France, the CNIL.
If you want more information about your rights, follow the link https://www.cnil.fr/fr/les-droits-pour-maitriser-vos-donnees-personnelles
In this case, we will set up a way to inform you of this change.